Re: Finding memory leak

From: Holger Kiehl
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 06:17:45 EST

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, David S. Miller wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 19:59:12 +0200
> Jörn Engel <joern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Andrew, DaveM, can this go into -test9?
>
> Please have a look at current sources before asking questions
> like this ok? :-)

But what about 2.4.22? I am having a leak there, my size-2048 value
is always going up. As mentioned earlier this seems to happen
everytime igmpv3_newpack() gets called and allocates 1529 bytes.

I took igmpv3_newpack() from 2.6.0-test8, had to made some changes

{
struct rt_key key = {};

key.dst = IGMPV3_ALL_MCR;
key.oif = dev->ifindex;
if (ip_route_output_key(&rt, &key)) {
kfree_skb(skb);
return 0;
}
}

since there is no struct flowi in 2.4.x. Don't know if the above is
correct, but the leak is still there.

The size-2048 values always go up when we receive data via a DVB card from
multiple multicast streams. Depending on the amount of memory the system
has, they always hangup after a certain time.

What else can I do find the leak?

Please help.

Thanks,
Holger