Re: nforce2 random lockups - still no solution ?

From: Samuel Kvasnica
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 08:28:36 EST

Gabor,

I'm booting the kernel with acpi=off, noapic and nolapic options and according to syslog it is really disabled. Lockups are very rare (they come either during
30mins after boot or never) but I cat get them very quickly when using the framegrabber with ivtv driver. The ivtv driver itself works rock solid on older PIII system
(btw, that PIII runs SMP kernel !). So I think there are definitely DMA problems with nforce2 boards under linux.

Sam

Vitez Gabor wrote:

If turning off APIC doesn't solve the problem, try a kernel with LOCAL APIC support turned off.

Gabor