Re: swsusp in test8 fails with intel-agp and i830

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 03:16:07 EST

Hi!

> Pavel - I looked in intel_agp and placed printk+mdelay all over
> agp_intel_resume(struct pci_dev *pdev), but something strange happened: I saw
> those print outs during _suspend_ and not during resume - does that make any
> sense?

They should be called both during suspend and during
resume. If they are not called during resume... Trace that
it looks like problem.

> I wasn't able to find anything that looked like suspend/resume support in
> 'drivers/char/drm/*', and i'm starting to wonder if DRI in general has any
> chance of working with software suspend. After all, i think the X server
> reaches in and hacks the hardware, so i don't understand how the DRM code
> can manage to restore that state after being powered down, 'cause i don't

Well, X should only hit hw when it owns the console,
that's why -test8 swsusp is doing console switch.
--
Pavel
Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...