Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Specific Processor Optimizations on x86 Architecture

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 04:28:01 EST

On Wed, 2003-10-22 20:14:30 -0500, Joseph D. Wagner <theman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <000801c39903$034d3910$0201a8c0@joe>:
> > > Version 2.6 is still in beta. Besides, this should have been done years
> > > ago before 2.6 existed.
> >
> > So why haven't you done it?
>
> Um... because I don't have cvs WRITE access.

Nearly onbody has. However, you can download the latest kernel source
tarball, do your hacks and send us a patch to LKML. Then, you'll
possibly get some comments (better change this to do that, some
potential to do things better, ...). Send it again, until it's quite
good. Then, send it to Linus (or to the guy that's maintaining the part
you've changed) and LKML until it gets accepted.

That's the way it works.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg