Re: [BENCHMARK] I/O regression after 2.6.0-test5

From: Dave Olien
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 15:35:19 EST

test5 didn't work with dbt2. The database run kept hanging.
I've been running reaim, which doesn't have those problems with
older kernels, but has shown similar performance problems.

I need to also check again that reaim and dbt2 still show similar
performance issues with newer kernel versions.

I've lost my test machine for today. But I'll try test5 as-iosched
in a test8 kernel with reaim tomorrow. If it works well, I'll try your
following patch. Probably get it in the mail tomorrow afternoon.

Dave