r8169 bug in 2.4.22, too much work at interrupt indefinitely

From: John B=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=E4ckstrand
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 18:42:01 EST

The r8169 driver in 2.4.22 with or without debian patches/acpi/usb devices sharing the same interrupt: the driver always ends up locking the machine by having indefinitely much to do in the interrupt handler?

Commented the printk out, still hangs the machine anyway. It happens even without a cable in the card. I have found no references to any bug reports at all with this card, and I cant see any bugfixes being in 2.5/2.6 but not 2.4 either. I can see the card TX/RX:ing a few hundred packets or more (3-60 secs) before hanging.

Any way to debug this, or should I just try 2.6?

---
John Bäckstrand