Re: Wow. Suspend to disk works for me in test8. :)

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 02:57:15 EST

Hi!

> > > A couple of down sides I've noticed: I have to run "hwclock --hctosys"
> > > after a resume because the time you saved at is the time the system
> > > thinks it is when you resume (ouch). And because of that, things that
> > > should time out and renew themselves (like dhcp leases) have to be
> > > thumped manually.
> >
> > I sent fix for that yesterday... but you'd need to fix swsusp.c's
> > sysdev handling and mtrr-s => better wait.
> > Pavel
>
> It's largely working for me. My laptop's backed up regularly, so I'm not
> risking too much data. It reliably fails trying to suspend if I close the
> lid, and if I don't close the lid every once in a while the power down step
> won't power down immediately and the sucker will boot back up to the desktop
> and inform me that my dhcp lease file is corrupt, and then suddenly power
> down right from the desktop. (I reboot and force a full fsck in this
> circumstance.)

Well, this looks like ACPI problems to me. You might want to set it to
reboot and hit powerswitch manually.

> I've also had it just hang there, on both suspend and resume, for upwards of
> 30 seconds doing nothing I can see until I start holding the power button
> down: after ten seconds it'll hard power off, but after two or three it
> suddenly wakes up and continues with the suspend or resume. (Suspend usually
> hangs in "snapshotting memory" or something like that. Resume hangs printing
> ........::::::::] at the end of the boot log, right before it would otherwise
> clear the screen and rerun the end of the power down phase.

Not sure what is going on there.

I have similar hangs on omnibook xe3 when I do not load ohci driver
(but they happen during regular operation)....

Pavel

[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]