Re: [PM][ACPI] No ACPI interrupts after resume from S1

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 05:24:42 EST

Måns Rullgård wrote:

Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> writes:

suspend, the extra buttons (I use them to fire up programs) stop
working. Normally, they will generate an ACPI event, that is
processed by acpid etc. After a suspend, each button will work once.
If I then close and open the lid, they will work one more time, and so
on. Any way I can help?

Please specify the type of suspend. The situation I described
only occurs for S1 (or, echo -n standby, more specifically), and
only in certain kernel versions.

standby, at least.

After echo -n mem > /sys/power/state, the display light won't turn on,
so I don't know what's going on. I've never managed to resume from a
suspend to disk. It just boots normally and makes a fuss about the
filesystems.

Are you passing resume= option?

I've been trying the new suspend to disk implementation (pmdisk, I
think) lately. I get these lines in the kernel log when starting
after a suspend:

PM: Reading pmdisk image.
PM: Resume from disk failed.
ACPI: (supports S0 S1 S3 S4 S5)

Last time I tried swsusp, I did pass the resume= option, but it didn't
work.

Could it be that some disk cache is never flushed properly?
Occasionally, some random filesystem is reported as not being cleanly
unmounted when booting normally, which seems to point in the same
direction.

Try turning your disk cache off, or set it to write through caching
(even so I heard some IDE drives don't turn it off anyway!). See if
it helps.