Re: [PM][ACPI] No ACPI interrupts after resume from S1

From: Måns Rullgård
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 10:15:40 EST

Nick Piggin <piggin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>I've been trying the new suspend to disk implementation (pmdisk, I
>>think) lately. I get these lines in the kernel log when starting
>>after a suspend:
>>
>>PM: Reading pmdisk image.
>>PM: Resume from disk failed.
>>ACPI: (supports S0 S1 S3 S4 S5)
>>
>>Last time I tried swsusp, I did pass the resume= option, but it didn't
>>work.
>>
>>Could it be that some disk cache is never flushed properly?
>>Occasionally, some random filesystem is reported as not being cleanly
>>unmounted when booting normally, which seems to point in the same
>>direction.
>>

> Try turning your disk cache off, or set it to write through caching
> (even so I heard some IDE drives don't turn it off anyway!). See if
> it helps.

That took me one step further. Now it loaded the image swap, but them
immediately rebooted. I didn't have time to see if there were any
error messages. I don't have a serial port, so I can't put a console
there. This was with lots of modules loaded, so maybe unloading some
would help. Are there any known broken drivers in this list:

Module Size Used by
ide_cd 36612 0
cdrom 32160 1 ide_cd
evdev 7808 1
ipv6 226496 12
iptable_filter 2304 1
ip_tables 15616 1 iptable_filter
sis_agp 4224 1
agpgart 25896 1 sis_agp
ohci_hcd 16128 0
usbcore 94940 3 ohci_hcd
snd_intel8x0 28164 0
snd_ac97_codec 50948 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_pcm 84004 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_timer 20996 1 snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc 9092 2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
snd_mpu401_uart 6144 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_rawmidi 19616 1 snd_mpu401_uart
snd 43364 6 snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi
soundcore 7104 1 snd
ohci1394 31112 0
ieee1394 68396 1 ohci1394
sis900 16516 0
crc32 4096 1 sis900
ds 10884 4
yenta_socket 14336 0
pcmcia_core 60768 2 ds,yenta_socket
rtc 10552 0

In case it matters, sisfb is compiled into the kernel.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@xxxxxx