Re: Elevator bug in concert with usb-storage

From: Mike Anderson
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 01:28:08 EST

Fredrik Tolf [fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Sorry, that didn't work well. It doesn't crash on the same thing
> anymore, but nonetheless crashes. In addition, when I have removed the
> device but not yet umounted the filesystem, I tried to ls its root
> dir. Before, nothing extraordinary happened then, but now there's a
> couple of oopses for the ls process as well.
>
> .. snip ..
>
> Call Trace:
> [<c02176b3>] elv_queue_empty+0x1d/0x20
> [<c0219ab4>] __make_request+0x80/0x4ae
> [<c021a016>] generic_make_request+0x134/0x186

I tried to reproduce this error last night using the scsi_debug driver,
but could not. I tried different combinations of file systems (fat, ext2,
ext3). I did notice that I had elevator=deadline on the cmdline. I
removed this in case the elevator_queue_empty_fn between the two
elevators made a difference. I still was unable to reproduce. I will try
a few more combinations of things this weekend and let you know what I
find out. There might be a race still with our cleanups and I am not
able to reproduce it exactly on my system.

-andmike
--
Michael Anderson
andmike@xxxxxxxxxx