[2.6.8-test8] swsusp

From: Kronos
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 11:46:28 EST

Hi,
swsups works quite well for me, but there are some (minor) problems:

echo -n "disk" > /sys/power/state
Stopping tasks: =======================================|
Freeing memory: .............|
hdd: start_power_step(step: 0)
hdd: completing PM request, suspend
hdc: start_power_step(step: 0)
hdc: completing PM request, suspend
hdb: start_power_step(step: 0)
hdb: start_power_step(step: 1)
hdb: complete_power_step(step: 1, stat: 50, err: 0)
hdb: completing PM request, suspend
hda: start_power_step(step: 0)
hda: start_power_step(step: 1)
hda: complete_power_step(step: 1, stat: 50, err: 0)
hda: completing PM request, suspend
[disks are now off]
PM: Attempting to suspend to disk.
PM: snapshotting memory.

Now disks spin up and data is written to the swap partition (hdb2), then
the PC powers off. The fact that disks are stopped and then restarted
seems a bit strange to me.

On resume I see usual messages. hds are on, then they are powered off
and turned on again and then the system is restored. I see also a lot of
bad schedulings.

Another strange thing is that the shell dies:
note: bash[394] exited with preempt_count 1

this was the shell where I typed the suspend command (echo blabla),
shells on other vc are alive.

I put dmesg (suspend + resume) here:
http://web.tiscali.it/kronoz/linux/swsusp-2.6.0-t8.txt

Luca
PS: who is the maintainer of swsusp now?
--
Home: http://kronoz.cjb.net
Porc i' mond che cio' sott i piedi!