Kernel context 0 and 2.4.22-ck2

From: Ryan Reich
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 16:49:16 EST

I'm getting the following error on boot:

Oct 25 16:35:08 (none) kernel: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.7.0 20020828 on minor
0
Oct 25 16:35:08 (none) kernel: [drm:radeon_unlock] *ERROR* Process 373 using
kernel context 0

Process 373 being X.

This prevents me from getting direct rendering in X. I compiled a vanilla
2.4.22 and found that this error does not occur there, and the only patches I
have on my current kernel are ck2, an i2c patch which has nothing to do with
this because the error appeared before I put it in, and the ck2-fix patch, which
doesn't seem to have corrected the problem. I do not think it has anything to
do with grsecurity, since I enabled sysctl there and left all the security
measures unconfigured, to no effect.

If it's an error in the code I am manifestly unqualified to fix it myself, but I
could go digging for more information if anyone needs it (and can give a
specific command to execute).

Hardware-wise, I'm using a Radeon 7000 QY card on a Shuttle motherboard with all
NForce2 chipset, and an Athlon 2600+ CPU.

Ryan Reich