Re: Linux 2.6.0-test9

From: Andries . Brouwer
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 05:28:01 EST

From: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Andries.Brouwer@xxxxxx writes:

> Within a few days two people have reported that they cannot
> mount a FAT fs that 2.4 and Windows handle fine.
> Probably also that should be fixed, for example with
> my patch from yesterday.

Was the other report by private email?

Yes. Mark McPherson wrote:

I have an Archos Jukebox Recorder 20 which has never been
re-formatted since I purchased it. It fails to mount under 2.6 with
the same report as the flash card, and also mounts successfully under 2.4.
Patching around the code as you suggested allows it to mount without
complaint under 2.6.
Win2K thinks this file system is just fine.

Andries