Re: Linux 2.6.0-test9

From: OGAWA Hirofumi
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 08:58:56 EST

Andries.Brouwer@xxxxxx writes:

> > Pls forward.
>
> The first FAT entry should have the media byte (0xf0,0xf8,...,0xff)
> extended with all 1 bits in the first FAT entry.
> Checking this is a good idea, it prevents us from mounting garbage
> as FAT - there is no good magic for FAT.
> Unfortunately, Windows does not enforce this, and 2.4 doesn't either.
> It turns out that there are filesystems around (two reports so far)
> that have a zero first FAT entry, and work under Windows and 2.4 but
> fail to mount under 2.6.
>
> So, the below weakens the test.

Looks good to me. I have no objection.

However, the following may be a bit useful info.

I tested on win2k and win95 installed at now.

win95's scandisk reported and fixed this problem.
win2k's chkdsk detect problem and fixed. But GUI tool doesn't detect,
and can't fixed.
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>