Re: Linux 2.6.0-test9

From: P. Christeas
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 13:54:26 EST

>From Andries.Brouwer:
> Three things:
>
> 2.6.0t9 still can leave the user with a dead keyboard
> If Vojtech does not provide a better patch I suppose
> you should apply my patch of a few days ago.
>
> Within a few days two people have reported that they cannot
> mount a FAT fs that 2.4 and Windows handle fine.
> Probably also that should be fixed, for example with
> my patch from yesterday.

One more, (as reported a few weeks ago):
rmmod aic7xxx
will fail, as this module uses some wrong locks. This will also block sleeping
(tested w. ACPI) if the module is there.
IMHO this module is crucial to many systems.

I'm just repeating this issue, as I cannot see any patch for that. Justin has
not replied (I will need to be CC'ed). Andrew, who's the maintainer? I wish I
could help myself solve that, but fixing SMP-safe locks seems the hardest
thing I could do here. Somebody has to help here.