2.6 cryptoloop+cdrom

From: Mike
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 16:46:52 EST

Heyas,

Has anyone been able to create encrypted cdroms with cryptoloop in 2.6? Since the initial patches for 2.5.x were released, I've been trying without success.

dd if=/dev/urandom of=test bs=1MB count=50
losetup /dev/loop0 test -e blowfish
mkfs -t ext2 -b 2048 /dev/loop0
mount /dev/loop0 /mnt
# copy some files
umount /mnt ; losetup -d /dev/loop0

cdrecord -v speed=12 dev=/dev/cdrom test

losetup /dev/loop0 /dev/cdrom -e blowfish ; mount /dev/loop0 /mnt

mount: block device /dev/loop0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
or too many mounted file systems

dmesg shows:
hdc: cdrom_read_intr: data underrun (4 blocks)
end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 2
EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock

With the loop device setup, I can cat /dev/loop0 > /tmp/test, then mount the file.

Most of the docs I've read have been for 2.4, but I'm able to use partitions and obviously files, so I don't think anything is missing... Tried various block sizes (1024-4096), various file systems (ext2, ext3, vfat), ide-scsi enabled or disabled and other ciphers like aes.

I'm using debian/testing. mount/util-linux have both been put on hold and stock util-linux 2.12 installed.

Any info would be appreciated, but please cc me as I'm not on the list.

Thanks,

Mike