Re: kernel 2.6t9 SATA slower than 2.4.20

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 13:21:25 EST

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 01:08:46PM -0500, Bob Johnson wrote:

> The Sata driver worked well on my siimage, but lost around 30%-40% performance
> according to tiobench.

This is to be expected -- I use a "sledgehammer fix" for the Maxtor and
Seagate errata -- each transfer is limited to 15 sectors.

When I get a chance to clean up the SiI driver, the performance will
indeed increase by a large amount.

For now, for Silicon Image, I recommend using the
drivers/ide/pci/siimage.c -- assuming it works for you, of course.

The libata Silicon Image driver is marked with CONFIG_BROKEN because it
is fairly easy to lock it up (I need ack some more interrupts).

Jeff