Re: kernel 2.6t9 SATA slower than 2.4.20

From: Arve Knudsen
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 16:17:44 EST

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:15:29 -0500, Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 06:36:37PM +0100, Arve Knudsen wrote:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:59:17 -0500, Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 07:56:31AM -0800, Shaun Savage wrote:
>>

>>>Are you using CONFIG_SCSI_SATA in 2.6?
>>
>>No, but I am trying now.
>>GREAT is works,
>>but the disk went from hda back to hde
>
>hmmm, with CONFIG_SCSI_SATA your SATA drives should show up as
> /dev/sda not /dev/hde ...
>
>So, you're still using the drivers/ide driver, it appears.
>
>Regardless, it's most important to use what works for you ;-)

Excuse me, there's probably something I'm missing, but how do I use the
SCSI_SATA driver for SiI 3112? I see the source file for it in the kernel
tree (test9), but no option for it in menuconfig (I've enabled SATA under
SCSI). Enabling the SiI SATA driver under ATA/ATAPI... compiles in the old
driver am I right?

For SiI, it requires CONFIG_BROKEN, because, well, the libata SiI
is "very alpha quality" right now ;-)

Ok, thanks. So I might be better off with the older driver for now? From what I remember Andre Hedrick was promising a fix?

Regards

Arve Knudsen