Re: as_arq scheduler alloc with 2.6.0-test8-mm1

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 18:38:05 EST

Mr Amit Patel wrote:

Hi Andrew,

The qlogic driver is for Fibre Channel HBA QLA2342.
This is a beta driver which is part of the mjb1 patch
against 2.6.0-test8. As a part of driver insmod,
driver tries to find fiber channel device and maps it
to scsi block device. Actually I don't have any fibre
channel target attached, so driver does not find any
scsi devices and discovery finishes without adding any
block device.

I am trying to go through driver scsi_scan process and
see when does actual allocation from as_arq happens.
But for some reason after going to kgdb I get SIGEMT
and I cannot debug further. What is causing SIGEMT
cause after doing some search looks like its actually
SIGUSR but linux treats it as SIGEMT. Is there any way
to prevent SIGEMT when I want to use kgdb ?

Thanks for your help,

Hi Amit,

I'm a little bit busy to look at this now, however someone
is looking into all these refcounting problems.

If you would like to narrow it down a bit, check that the
request queues that are allocated are all released when the
driver is unloaded (drivers/block/ll_rw_blk.c blk_alloc_queue
and blk_cleanup_queue). Just stick a couple of printks there
if your debugger isn't working.