Re: 512MB/1GB RAM & Wireless Card

From: Peng Li
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 02:54:48 EST

Yes, I have CONFIG_ISA=y. I put my kernel config at

http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~lipeng/x31info/config.txt

The only thing I noticed is that in the dmesg, there is a error
message:

PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:00.0

But this message is still there when I unplugged the RAM and the card
is working fine.

For the kernel, what is the difference between these two situations?

* 1GB RAM, boot with mem=512M
* 512MB RAM, normal boot

It is not likely to be a hardware issue, since the card works fine with
1GB of memory in Windows XP.