Re: CPU-Test similar to Memtest?

From: Thayne Harbaugh
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 17:23:48 EST

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 09:05, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> I'm going to run MEMTEST today when I get home and get a chance to make
> a bootable CD

Memtest86 is good, but it isn't as good as it could be. Many times I
have seen it run 24 hours without error even though the the system has
bad memory.

> but I'm wondering if there might be a "CPUTEST" or such
> utility anyone knows of that'll poke and prod a dual athalon real well
> and make sure I don't have a flaky cpu.

Run Linpack (or other computationally intensive program) while
monitoring ECC errors with either
http://www.anime.net/~goemon/linux-ecc/files/
or
ftp://ftp.lnxi.com/pub/bluesmoke