Re: [pm] fix time after suspend-to-*

From: Peter Chubb
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 17:30:04 EST

>>>>> "Stephen" == Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Stephen> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:32:33 +0100 Pavel Machek
Stephen> <pavel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Stephen> We could invent a new signal whose default action is ignore
Stephen> ... Solaris has SIGFREEZE and SIGTHAW (the comment in the
Stephen> header file says used by CPR - whatever that is). SIGSUSPEND
Stephen> and SIGRESUME?

CPR -- checkpoint/restart

POSIX said to use SIGCKPT and SIGCONT (in at least *one* of the draft
1003.1m standards -- I've lost access to them recently, and the
working group stopped working back in 2000)

Suspend/resume is essentially a system-wide checkpoint+restart.

Maybe use SIGCKPT and SIGCONT? Or even SIGSTOP and SIGCONT (after
all, you're stopping the process, then restarting it)

--
Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
You are lost in a maze of BitKeeper repositories, all slightly different.