Re: PCI Bus error 6290 or 0290

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 07:42:33 EST

R> I have installed the latest 2.6.0-test9 kernel and I get this error
R> messages:
R> Oct 29 13:51:39 fw kernel: eth1: PCI Bus error 6290.
R> Oct 29 13:51:39 fw kernel: eth1: PCI Bus error 0290.
R>
R> The problem is with Realtek (RTL-8139) network card drivers.
[...]
R> Any ideas/solutions?

I had the same problem on a K6-2 with some Asus MB. Both Realtek 8139
and tulip (21140) refused to work in a PCI slot. Realtek gave these
messages, tulip told that send timed out. A quick workaround was to put
the NIC into another PCI slot. I don't know the real reason and I don't
have the specific computer available for additional tests any more.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@xxxxxxxx)