Re: ACPI && vortex still broken in latest 2.4 and 2.6.0-test9

From: Matthias Andree
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 09:06:55 EST

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Stefan Traby wrote:

> I just want to note that ACPI+3c59x is still not
> working on the latest kernels - the only solution
> is "acpi=off".

This "still broken" is too unspecific, 3c59x + ACPI works for me, in a
Gigabyte 7ZX-R (VIA KT133 based) mainboard, with SuSE 8.2 distro kernel
(ACPI 20030228), 2.4.22-pac1+acpi patches, and with latest 2.6.0-test9
BK.

I have two 3C905 and one 3C900Combo in a production router, everything
is the old "Boomerang" chip version. Rest assured I WOULD know if these
lost IRQs or were otherwise misconfigured.

> Affected are at least
> IBM Thinkpad T21 http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/6/15/111
> IBM Thinkpad A21p (3c556B Laptop Hurricane)

Might the problems you observe be related to the IBM BIOS?