Re: Suspend to disk panicked in -test9.

From: Rob Landley
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 00:46:52 EST

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 21:24, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Steven Cole wrote:
> > In the meantime, keeping a digital camera close by when testing is a
> > low tech/high tech solution to this.
> >
> > Steven
>
> Or you could just disable screen blanking entirely; setterm(1)

Ah, cool. Thanks. (It's now in my init script.)

Do you know if this affects x's screensaver timeout? (Probably not, but I'm
not sure how to look it up. Maybe X gets the value from console 7, somehow?
Then again, if this was a per-console thing setting it in the initscripts
when the console is /dev/console rather than virtual wouldn't necessarily
work... Huh.)

Rob