Re: 2.6.0-test8-mm1 failure..

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 14:29:20 EST

"Mario \"jorge\" Di Nitto" <jorge78@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Please set CONFIG_KALLSYMS=y and resend the oops trace so we can
> > see where it crashed, thanks.
>
> I've changed some items in .config, and after next reboot I've got other
> failures like those I already wrote.
> The last boot shows multiple oops (4 I think, in dmesg), see attached files
> for details.

OK, thanks.

Now please add the string "initcall_debug" to your kernel boot command
line.

It will cause a lot of things like

calling initcall 0xNNNNNNNN

to be printed out. Please take the last one which is printed out before
the crash and look it up in your System.map.

That will tell us which initcall initialisation function the kernel was
running when it crashed.