Re: 2.6.0-test9-mjb1

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 15:18:49 EST

Martin J. Bligh wrote:
The patchset contains mainly scalability and NUMA stuff, and anything else that stops things from irritating me. It's meant to be pretty stable, not so much a testing ground for new stuff.

I'd be very interested in feedback from anyone willing to test on any platform, however large or small.

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mbligh/2.6.0-test9/patch-2.6.0-test9-mjb1.bz2

Since 2.6.0-test8-mjb1 (~ = changed, + = added, - = dropped)

Notes: Mostly a merge forwards.

Now in Linus' tree:

Dropped:

New:

+ autoswap Con Kolivas
Auto-tune swapiness

+ ext2_fix Andrew Morton
Fix a race in ext2

Pending:
lotsa_sds
config_numasched
4/4 split
new kgdb
list_of_lists
Hyperthreaded scheduler (Ingo Molnar)
scheduler callers profiling (Anton or Bill Hartner)
Child runs first (akpm)
Kexec
e1000 fixes

Um... any e1000 fixes you have, please forward them to me and Intel rather than letting them languish in a tree.

Jeff