Re: Cyclic Scheduler for linux

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 18:15:53 EST

First Name wrote:

Hi,

Just like Linux has round robin, FIFO and other
scheduling policies inside the kernel, I would like to
provide a cyclic/clock driven scheduling policy to
linux. Meaning all set of tasks should be able to use
this policy. This should include any Java threads
also. JVM by itslef provides a priority driven policy
to its threads. JVM sits on the kernel. Modification
to JVM is also required to schedule threads
cyclically. But first I am trying to get this working
with the kernel and then later with JVM.

If you need any more information, I will be glad to
provide them.

I would like to direct you to a website of a course
offered at Cornell university where this assignment is
posted. I want to achieve something similar to this.

Here is the link to that website.
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Courses/cs415/2000fa/scheduler.html

Please Help me.

Hi,
Please stop sending this email, it sometimes takes people a day or
two to reply. That said, you would be better off asking your lecturer
or a tutor for help. However, I suggest you study and understand
kernel/sched.c to start with.

Nick