Re: Announce: Swsusp-2.0-2.6-alpha1 [warning: eats disks with loop!]

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 23:45:45 EST

I see if I can reproduce and fix the issue. Was the only unusual thing
the loop filesystem? I assume it was mounted rw.

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 15:58, Pavel Machek wrote:
> I made it to "work", unfortunately.
> It seemed to suspend / resume okay, altrough suspend took *way* too
> long (like 1 minute without any apparent disk activity).
> Unfortunately now my "main" filesystem (mounted via loop), is
> *gode*. Damaged beyond repair, I never managed to trash a filesystem
> this badly....
> Tommorow I'll try to restore from backup and run fsck from alternate
> superblock; cross your fingers for me.
> Pavel
Nigel Cunningham
495 St Georges Road South, Hastings 4201, New Zealand

Evolution (n): A hypothetical process whereby infinitely improbable events occur
with alarming frequency, order arises from chaos, and no one is given credit.

More majordomo info at
Please read the FAQ at