Re: 2.6.0-test9 vs sound

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 08:14:53 EST

On Friday 31 October 2003 04:16, Måns Rullgård wrote:
>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Ok thanks, followup Q: Whats the version number thats in the
>> kernel srcs?
>> The latest dl's available are version 9.8.
>
>No, it's 0.9.8. The version in the kernel is approximately 0.9.7,
>with some patches, IIRC.

Well, I've got it (alsa) all compiled in without any luck. But, I
haven't deleted/commented out, any of the rather voluminous oss "shut
this off and shut that off" lines in my modules.conf either.

Some of the tutorials in those links would seem to indicate that
/etc/modules.conf has been renamed, which I have not, and my modutils
are still the same as I've been using for a few months with 2.4. I
saw an announcement regarding a new modutils tool set last night, do
I need to install that, and does that then fubar a 2.4.23-pre8 boot?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M