Re: 2.6.0-test9 vs sound

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 10:25:00 EST

On Friday 31 October 2003 08:50, Måns Rullgård wrote:
>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Some of the tutorials in those links would seem to indicate that
>> /etc/modules.conf has been renamed, which I have not, and my
>> modutils are still the same as I've been using for a few months
>> with 2.4. I saw an announcement regarding a new modutils tool set
>> last night, do I need to install that, and does that then fubar a
>> 2.4.23-pre8 boot?
>
>You need the new module-init-tools. If you follow the instructions
>provided with them, things will continue to work with 2.4 kernels.

Got it, turns out I already had module-init-tools-0.9.13-pre.tar.bz2
installed, but just now got module-init-tools-0.9.15-pre3.tar.gz,
unpacked it, read the INSTALL quickly, then the usual
./configure;make;make install which went w/o error. Figured I'd
reboot to see if that worked any better, and got a message about each
mountpoint being busy as it went down, each of which hung the
shutdown for a few seconds.

Booted back to 2.4.23-pre8 things are apparently fine again.
Is this a onetime thing?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M