getrlimit for an arbitrary process?

From: Ville Herva
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 04:06:10 EST

[I did try google, but wasn't lucky, so...]

Is there a way to query/set getrlimit/setrlimit for an arbitrary process?
Not that I absolutely need it, but it would be nice to know if a daemon
really has resource limits in effect.

Couldn't find it under /proc, at least on 2.4.x.

(A 2.4.21-pre4aa3 server just locked up hard rather horrendeously when
SpamAssassin spamd decided to fork a couple of thousand processes... Looks
like I need sprinkle ulimit lines all over /etc/init.d/*.)

-- v --

v@xxxxxx