Re: Synaptics losing sync

From: Szymon Acedański
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 04:49:22 EST

Hi!

On Saturday 01 November 2003 23:37, Ruben Puettmann wrote:
> > Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
> > Synaptics driver resynced.
> > Losing too many ticks!
> > TSC cannot be used as a timesource. (Are you running with SpeedStep?)
> > Falling back to a sane timesource.
> > Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte

I can observe the same "Synaptics lost sync" messages on Acer TravelMate 242XC
with ACPI enabled (without APM even compiled) on 2.6.0-test[0-9]. But I
silently ignore these messages - touchpad works ok. I use an USB mouse, but
messages appear even without it plugged.

"Losing too many ticks" exists when I'm running with cpufreq [p4_clockmod] and
clock=tsc (default). This is because of rescaling TSC pitch by cpufreq, I
think. If I specify in bootloader clock=hpet, problem disappears. [Am I doing
right?]

I can provide more information if somebody is interested.

Cheers
Szymon