Re: Linux 2.4.23-pre9

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 09:46:24 EST

Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo.tosatti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Here goes -pre9. Only bugfixes will be accepted till 2.4.24-pre now.

Would you (try to) accept a patch from me if I fix the following?

Modular IDE is still broken:
hq:/usr/src/linux-hq# /sbin/depmod -ae
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in .../kernel/drivers/ide/ide-core.o
depmod: ide_wait_hwif_ready
depmod: ide_probe_for_drive
depmod: ide_probe_reset
depmod: ide_tune_drives

This is a circular dependency - ide-core.o wants them and they are exported
by ide-probe.o which wants things from ide-core.o.

Compilation on one of my systems produces (gcc 3.3.1):
*** md5sum: WARNING: 1 of 13 computed checksums did NOT match

(this is probably the ISDN source file checksum - we should update MD5
checksum or drop this checking at all).

vt.c: In function `do_kdsk_ioctl':
vt.c:166: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
vt.c: In function `do_kdgkb_ioctl':
vt.c:283: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type

Probably older gcc is more quiet here.

keyboard.c: In function `do_fn':
keyboard.c:640: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data
type
string.c:384: warning: conflicting types for built-in function `bcopy'
process.c: In function `machine_restart':
process.c:426: warning: use of memory input without lvalue in asm operand 0 is deprecated
time.c:433: warning: `do_gettimeoffset_cyclone' defined but not used

Modules:

inode.c:198: warning: `ncp_symlink_inode_operations' defined but not used
ioctl.c: In function `smb_ioctl':
ioctl.c:34: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type

--
Krzysztof Halasa, B*FH