Re: Your increase minor device patch

From: Tim Hockin
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 11:57:47 EST

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 09:46:41PM +0800, Ian Kent wrote:
> Your patch looks good. It's simple enough to verify correctness. With
> all the work that has been done already on the minor device number
> enlargment in 2.6 it seems a shame that this final piece is not yet
> in the kernel tree.

I'd like to seea sysctl controlled version, but with a bit of cleanup (or
maube as is -- need to re-read it) it is 'safe' for 2.6.0. Linus may
disagree, and we all have to admit that it is not 'stabilization' but a
feature.

No harm waiting for 2.6.1, though we should get it posted publicly as a
pending patch.

--
Notice that as computers are becoming easier and easier to use,
suddenly there's a big market for "Dummies" books. Cause and effect,