[ANNOUNCE] Linux Test Project November Release Announcement

From: Robert Williamson
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 12:54:51 EST

The Linux Test Project test suite <http://www.linuxtestproject.org> has
been released. The latest version of the testsuite contains 2000+ tests for
the Linux OS. Our web site also contains other information such as: test
results, a Linux test tools matrix, an area for keeping up with fixes for
known blocking problems in the 2.5/2.6 kernel releases, technical papers
and HowTos on Linux testing, and a code coverage analysis tool.

Highlights:

* Updated the LTP stress script to record 'iostat' statistics if
needed.

* Updated the SCTP tests to support the current SCTP 2.6 kernel code.

* Added new NFS test, nfs04, to help test data integrity during copies
across mounts.

* Applied more bug fixes, patches, and code cleanups.

We encourage the community to post results, patches or new tests on our
mailing list <ltp-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> and use the CVS bug tracking facility
to report problems that you might encounter with the test suite.

See ChangeLog below.

-Robbie

Robert V. Williamson <robbiew@xxxxxxxxxx>
Linux Test Project
IBM Linux Technology Center
Web: http://ltp.sourceforge.net
IRC: #ltp on freenode.irc.net
====================
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

CHANGELOG
---------
- Fixed bugs in runalltests.sh with creating ( Manoj Iyer )
the results directory and locating 'pan'.
- Created new NFS test, nfs04, which tests ( Robbie Williamson )
file integrity when copying across mounts.
- Updated the SCTP testcases. ( Marty Ridgeway )
- Fixed bugs in 'tar' shell tests. ( Glen Foster )
- Applied patch to 'doio' for machines that ( Jun Sun )
have virtually indexed cache and cache
aliasing problems
- Updated mem01 and mtest01 to execute on s390 ( Robbie Williamson )
better.
- Added missing parenthesis to mmstress. ( Manoj Iyer )
- Added code to chown03 & fchown04 to set the ( Robbie Williamson )
environment variable, "change_owner", if it
is not already set.
- Set the clone stack size to 16384 for all ( Robbie Williamson )
clone() tests.
- Applied IA64 specific patch to clone04. ( Jacky Malcles )
- Removed test8 from stat06 b/c it was not ( Robbie Williamson )
valid under the SUSv3.
- Added some extra documentation to swapon02 ( Robbie Williamson )
on how to handle glibc 2.2.5.
- Resolved bug #834027 with sync02. ( Robbie Williamson )
- Added option to log 'iostat' data during ( Robbie Williamson )
testing using "ltpstress.sh".