Re: 2.6.0-test9 - poor swap performance on low end machines

From: bill davidsen
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 13:52:03 EST

In article <200310310755.36224.edt@xxxxxx>, Ed Tomlinson <edt@xxxxxx> wrote:

| With 2.6 its possible to tell the kernel how much to swap. Con's patch
| tries to keep applications in memory. You can also play with
| /proc/sys/vm/swappiness which is what Con's patch tries to replace.

I added Nick's sched and io patches to Con's patch on test9, and it
looked stable under load. But I'm (mostly) on vacation this week, so it
isn't being tested any more. My responsiveness test didn't show it to be
as good as 2.4, unfortunately.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc