Re: load 2.4.x binary only module on 2.6

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 15:25:19 EST

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 15:05:28 EST, Gene Heskett said:

> Very very easily done. ctrl-alt-f2 to a shell. It may, or may not
> work. crtl-alt-f7 back to X=locked up "tighter than Ft Knox"
> computer, reset button or power button is all that works.

Odd.. That works fine for me as well (I often do that to go look and
see if exec-shield or ipfilters has tossed any odd messages). I wonder
if it's because I'm using the vesafb framebuffer driver over there and you're
using something else? Or maybe the NVidia stuff happens to be stable for
the GeForce 440Go in my Dell laptop, but is wonky for your card/box?