Re: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 07:37:15 EST

Nick Piggin wrote:

Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:

Oh ok. Well whenever you get a chance to... Sorry that last patch
I sent was empty. Here is the correct one for when you get time.

Yeah, runs nicely. (dmesg is quiet, as well.) Seems like it was only a minor issue in mm2, lloking at the patch...Very well.

Thanks a lot for your patience Prakash. Looks like its fixed then.

Happy I could help. :-)

Yeah it was a pretty minor problem: you were triggering lots of warnings,
but if you can't see them in dmesg, maybe /proc/sys/kernel/printk is
configured to not show them.

Have a look at Documentation/sysctl/kernel.txt if you'd like to fix that
up. Thanks again.

Hmm, the document explains the setting but not exactly how to change them. cat printk gives me:

1 4 1 7

which according to the doc means:

- console_loglevel: messages with a higher priority than
this will be printed to the console
- default_message_level: messages without an explicit priority
will be printed with this priority
- minimum_console_loglevel: minimum (highest) value to which
console_loglevel can be set
- default_console_loglevel: default value for console_loglevel

Are my settings not enough? How to change them? Using echo x y z w > bla/printk ?

Another q: I guess I should enable frame pointers in kernel compilation otherwise I won't get call traces, right?

bye,

Prakash