missing asm-generic during make config

From: Karl
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 12:07:32 EST

Hello,

I am a list newby and did look for this info, I apologize if my search
was just not good enough. I have installed 2.6.0 test 9 on 2 machines of
mine. One is a gateway Pentium II PC and the other is an IBM Netfinity
server. In both cases when I tried running make config I was given the
message (I apologize I went on and am paraphrasing) asm-generic/errno.h no
such file. In both cases I went in to the /usr/include directory and created
a symlink ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm-generic asm-generic and it
worked. My question is did I miss a README file somewhere which would cover
this? I think I did all the steps as per instructions on both machines (they
certainly compiled nicely and run well). I did not include very much about
the configurations of my machines as I thought they would be unnecessary as
this is almost certainly a procedural error on my part and not a bug.

I appreciate any answers to this and apologize if it is redundant.

Thank you,

Karl Tatgenhorst