Re: 2.6-test6: nanosleep+SIGCONT weirdness

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 13:57:57 EST

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> > I observe some strange behaviour in 2.6-test6 with this small program:
>
> Something looks wrong with the syscall restart stuff in 2.6, I noticed it
> when doing:

No, the restart code is fine. But the posix timer code looks fundamentally
broken. Try the patch I just sent, I bet it fixes it.

I can try to fix the posix-timer.c code too, but it looks like even modern
glibc doesn't even export the clock_nanosleep() function. So it might not
be worth fixing at this point..

Linus