Re: PCI with SiS: Cannot allocate resource.

From: Davide Libenzi
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 19:47:33 EST

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Alexander ZVYAGIN wrote:

> I tried 2.6.0-test9 kernel on my 3-years old laptop and it seems I have
> exactly the same problems which I had 3 years ago....
> There are mainly three of them
> - graphics framebuffer mode does not work
> - strange messages from the IRQ router
> - sound does not work
>
> The problem with my graphic card is a driver, I think. I overcame it once with
> the help of patches from Thomas Winischhofer
> (http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsisvga.shtml) and I hope I can do this
> again. So we can forget about it. But the two others are more intresting. May
> be they are important for the kernel...
>
> PCI: IRQ 0 for device 0000:00:01.3 doesn't match PIRQ mask - try
> pci=usepirqmask
> PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:00:01.4
> ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
> SIS5513: IDE controller at PCI slot 0000:00:00.1
> SIS5513: chipset revision 208
> SIS5513: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
> SIS5513: SiS630 ATA 66 controller
>
> I did not try to provide these "idebus=xx" and "pci=usepirqmask" yet... I have
> no idea what should I do... May be the kernel is right by complaining?
> If I am supposed to have a reduced performance of my HD with 33MHz bus, then I
> am not sure: Linux definitely works much faster with I/O then Windows on my
> laptop.

Can you try to apply this over test9:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/snapshots/patch-2.6.0-test9-bk13.bz2

Also the output of "lspci -vv -xxx" (from root) would help. Don't worry
about the "pci=usepirqmask" thing. The default value in the IRQ routing
table is 0x80 (disabled) and this will make the warning message to show
up, since the irq_router->get() return 0 on 0x80.

- Davide