Weird partititon recocnising problem in 2.6.0-testX

From: Konstantin Kletschke
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 20:14:32 EST

Hi!

I have a PC here with an intel i875p chipset which seems not to recognize
logical partititions. 2.4.18 (kernel bf24 image) boots fine, but i do
not get a 2.6.0-test5 or 2.6.0-test9 to boot.

I compiled all necessary IDE drivers in, IDE, ide disk and piix and
such. All attempts yield in

Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on hda5

I tried to submit root=0305 and such to pass to it. On my later
investigations I realized that the partition recocnizion seems to fail.

When booting Kernels report

hda: hda1 hda2 <hda5 hda6>

and boot, this one reports only:

hda: hda hda2

So, where are the logical ones?

In "Advanced partition selection" I switched on
"PC BIOS (MSDOS partition tables) support" but that made no
difference...

hm. what next?

Regards, Konsti

--