Re: 'flushing' printk to klogd

From: Eugene Teo
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 11:10:58 EST

You can configure your syslog to output the messages to
a dedicated file. Also, you can increase the length
of your buffer:

352 #define LOG_BUF_LEN (131072)
353 #elif defined(CONFIG_SMP)
354 #define LOG_BUF_LEN (32768)
355 +#elif defined(CONFIG_VMSTAT_PFAULTS)
356 +#define LOG_BUF_LEN (1048576)
357 #else
358 #define LOG_BUF_LEN (16384) /* This must be a power of two */
359 #endif

Note that even if you flush printk output before the circular
buffer wraps, you will still likely to lose some output since
it doesn't take care of multiple writes at the same time.

Eugene

<quote sender="Amir Hermelin">