Re: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt

From: bill davidsen
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 17:25:52 EST

In article <200311061951.27468.gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Thursday 06 November 2003 17:36, Bill Davidsen wrote:

| >Are you saying that a 12x burn using a 2.4 kernel and ide-scsi
| > doesn't take the same time? Because I see ~1.7MB/s if I use
| > speed=12 with ide-scsi, and that's as expected (1x = 44100*4/1024
| > kB/s). Haven't got a 2.6 system with a burner here, but I do at my
| > other site.
|
| Mmm, thats pretty close, Bill. Maybe its something I just noted the
| last time I tried to burn a disk under ide-scsi, but I caught it
| turning the write speed down to 8x from the 12x setting. It may have
| been doing that previously without advising me or?? The old times
| were usually just short of 10 minutes.

Thanks, I hope to try this Friday, I have a system I can update to 2.6
and try it. I'll try the bttv stuff again as well. I have noticed that
the audio burns in 2.4, which don't use DMA, seem to take a lot of CPU,
but not that they run slower. More to come.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc