Re: Post-halloween doc updates.

From: Rob Landley
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 22:17:33 EST

On Monday 10 November 2003 17:43, bill davidsen wrote:
> In article <9cfn0bhjswn.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>
> Ian Soboroff <ian.soboroff@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> | Well, ok, but the alternatives are ACPI, which has always been spotty,
> | and two competing power management schemes from Patrick and Pavel,
> | neither of which seem to actually work yet. Wouldn't it be nice to
> | have at least one working method of putting a laptop to sleep?
>
> I have no problem putting the laptop to sleep. On the other hand, waking
> it up...

Which suspend version are you using? echo -n "4">/proc/acpi/something or echo
-n "disk" > sys/power/state?

The second works for me (for a slightly malleable value of "works": resume has
never failed on me, suspend works maybe 9 times out of 10, and either
immediately resumes without power down (apparently with no harm done, it just
didn't work) or panics the rest of the time).

The first has never come close to working (for me).

Rob