Re: PCI with SiS: Cannot allocate resource.

From: Davide Libenzi
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 22:50:22 EST

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Alexander ZVYAGIN wrote:

> Hello Davide,

> > > I see the same messages...
> >
> > $ cat /proc/interrupts
> >
> > Also you can try to disable:
> >
> > CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC
> > CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC
> > CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC
> > CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC
>
> Still the same.... See the attachments.

Running really out of options here. The dmesg shows that you're sharing
the IRQ5 but it does not even show up in your int list. Your card seems to
be sharing IRQ 5 with:

PCI: Sharing IRQ 5 with 0000:00:01.6
PCI: Sharing IRQ 5 with 0000:00:0c.1

IIRC one is the modem, and I do not remember the other one. If your BIOS
has the option to shut those device off, you can try that. Also you can
try (if you can) to change the interrupt pin.

- Davide