Re: I/O issues, iowait problems, 2.4 v 2.6

From: Paul Venezia
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 00:28:52 EST

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 23:54, Andrew Morton wrote:

> But. If the workload here was a simple dd of /dev/zero onto a regular
> file then why on earth is the pagecache size not rising?

2.6.0-test8 on a box with an AIC7899 performs exactly as expected. I'll
pull the mirror from the MPT and see what I get.

The box with the aic7xxx is a 1P 1Ghz. I'll compile test9-bk11 on that
one just to be sure, but it looks like it may be a driver issue. I can
replicate this on another box with a 53C1030 running a mirror, so I
don't think it's specific hardware.

-Paul