Re: A7N8X (Deluxe) Madness

From: Erik Andersen
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 16:10:48 EST

On Tue Nov 11, 2003 at 09:24:03PM +0100, Julien Oster wrote:
> Erik Andersen <andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> Hello Erik,
>
> >> I have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mainboard. Yeah, right, that thing causing
> >> serious trouble. I'm getting hard lockups all the time. No panic, no
> >> message, no sysrq, no blinking cursor in the framebuffer. Gone for good.
>
> > Does it help if you go into the BIOS and set the IDE controller
> > to "Compatible Mode" rather than "Enhanced Mode"?
>
> I'm sorry, but I just can't find that option... it's the newest BIOS
> version, however?

I have an ASUS mb with that option, but I just checked
your manual and it indeed does not have that option.
Anyway, the problem I had was that I had my SATA ports
as well as all usb devices sharing the same interrupt
and the resulting interrupt storm was easily seen by
watching /proc/interrupts

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen http://codepoet-consulting.com/