Re: 2.4.23-pre9 ide+XFree+ptrace=Complete hang

From: Peter Adebahr
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 17:53:22 EST

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Maciej Zenczykowski wrote:

> This is a very vague bug report... however this is something which
> definetely shouldn't be happening. This is more a question as to whether
> such an issue is known and if not, how should I go about fixing it...

Hi Maciej,

I am also experiencing some strange hangups, without having had the
time to investigate them. Nothing in syslog, but a sure way NOT to
have problems: I have run all 2.4.23-pre kernels, and this has
definitely started with -pre7. Everything until -pre6 was fine.

My feeling tells me it has to do with DRM, so I built the -rc1-pac1
kernel about three hours ago, without any hickups so far.

Best regards from Hamburg, Germany.
Peter